Jun 5, 2012

Style du Jour: Mint Madness


Colors have always been a big part of fashion. Different colors pop up in all four seasons, and I always come to a love a color that I never thought I would. This spring/summer, I've learned to love mint. It's an easy color to wear whether your skin and hair is light or dark, and it's a very soft tone. Soft tones are perfect for warmer months because you can wear them outside and keep [somewhat] cool. Mint also matches many other colors, so it's not hard to add bold accessories and shoes. I've seen mint in blouses, khakis, dresses and jewelry, and I've loved it in every form. It's dressy and casual. I love the variety!
See, mint has a lot of opportunities to shine. It's a color that I didn't expect to catch on so fast, and I'm glad that I was wrong. I even love mint nail polish. This color was all over the runways last fall [in spring collections] and now it's all over the clothing racks in every store. And you know what, it didn't get too popular too fast, so it's still trendy. I like that it's under control.
Add a belt or even a lacy material over mint and you've got an instant hit. Even without these add ons, mint-colored chiffon dresses are simple, chic and sophisticated. Not to mention they're a personal favorite of mine. Pair a mint dress with the right shoes, preferable wedges but that's just my opinion, and you'll look like a superstar. And no, ladies, mint isn't just for young girls, it's for anyone! Since when has color been limited to one age group? Never. So drop that excuse, add some color to your wardrobe, and jump on the mint bandwagon that's sweeping the fashion world.
Remember, "The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...