Jan 30, 2012

Gabrielle Union Covers Ocean Drive Magazine, Speaks About Her Career, Starting A Family, And Her Life With D-Wade

Gabrielle Union is on the cover of Ocean Drive magazine where she discusses an assortment of topics such as living with her boo Dwyane Wade to starting a family..
On keeping her house in California
“[It has been] great because I have my own career and life elsewhere, I have a home I paid for with my own money, and I need to be able to nurture that as well.”
On life with Dwyane Wade in Miami
“D and I have a life together, too. I love my life in Miami, I can’t imagine functioning without both, I love the design district, I love Midtown, I love what’s happening downtown now. I can be at People’s Bar-B-Que or Sustain or Prime One Twelve, and I’m comfortable. It’s rare for me to feel that level of freedom. Miami represents joy for me.”
On getting sick when she’s away from Miami:
“A week away is pretty much it for me. When I land in Miami, I feel like I’ve been holding my breath and am finally exhaling. I can breathe. I feel accepted, welcomed. I feel like I can be my true self, the woman I always aspired to be… More in Miami than any other place.”



On seeing a more diversely cast group of lead actresses:“It’s great for the other groups that are getting a chance to play more roles, and ideally, I’d like to think there were enough roles for everyone. But we are trying to get [filmmakers and producers] to consider that the doctor, a lawyer, even the lead could be an African-American woman.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...