Aug 17, 2012

Adam Levine Covers Inked Magazine September 2012


The Voice star and Maroon 5 frontman, Adam Levine, is covering the September 2012 issue ofInked magazine. Inside his interview with the mag the 33-year-old chats about making music, histattoos and his acting debut.

Check out some highlights below from his interview with the mag:

On making with Maroon 5: “There’s obviously a certain balance between pursuing an audience and pursuing what you love to do, but I love what we do. I would never put out a record I didn’t want to listen to.”

On worldwide exposure: “I get off on that ability to connect with a large group of people. That’s what I aim for when we’re making music. I’d much rather be able to go to Indonesia and sing a song that we wrote and have everyone sing the words than be hiding and playing in a little club. If I wanted to make a record that was super self-indulgent and all about the art I would, but I’d rather take those skills and apply them to something else, which is gathering a huge audience to appreciate the music.”

On his latest tattoo – a string of beads around his neck: “I was in Japan and I got this necklace. I’m not sure why I got it—I think I was bored. But I like it.”

On making his acting debut on Season Two of “American Horror Story” this fall: “It’s challenging. The first thing I did when I got the job was ask friends who are actors what the f**k I was supposed to do.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...